- You've submitted your application and all the correct supporting evidence (deadline dates were in May & June).
- You've signed and returned your declaration form
- You've registered at university/college
- Your university/college has confirmed your attendance to us
- You’ve allowed a few working days for the funds to be paid into your bank account
What does your 'Application Payment Status' mean?
Blocked – new students' loan payments are "blocked" while Student Finance England confirm your National Insurance number (NINO) with the Department for Work and Pensions. The block is automatically removed as soon as your NINO is confirmed.
Payments may also be blocked if you have not supplied Student Finance England with your bank details or we're checking the bank details you've provided. If you have not provided bank details, do this online now and make sure payments are not unnecessarily delayed.
Approved – Student Finance England have assessed your application for finance and once your university has confirmed your attendance your funds will be released. Not all universities send confirmation of attendance the day you register, could be a few days later. Keep an eye on your online account and call us if your payment status doesn't change to submitted a few days after registration.
Submitted – the payment has been prepared and will normally be paid within three or four working days.
Paid – the payment has successfully been paid